I remember as a child my Mom would make MANY Christmas treats around the holidays because we would always have people visiting. My family is quite LARGE and they like to eat! Both my Father and Mother were 1 of 12 siblings. Back then they just popped them out like pez dispensers (haha). Can you imagine?!
Anyways, my favorite treat of all time were the chocolate-dipped Peanut Butter Balls. Mmmmmm. However, over the last few years, I developed an allergy. Not an allergy that hospitalized but one where I would break out in welts and painful sore spots. I couldn’t figure out why. After a long trial and elimination of skin care products and food, I have concluded my allergy is COCOA. Yup, you got it, chocolate!
Noooo! That meant I had to say goodbye to beloved chocolate and then *gasp* my peanut butter balls.
This year I was determined to re-create my favorite treat without the chocolate and SUGAR because well who needs an overload of sugar anyways?! The original recipe had 1 CUP of powdered sugar!
I did it! Yummy Peanut Butter Balls Guilt-free.
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 4 cups brown Rice Krispies
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded Coconut
- 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter
- 500g tub of plain Greek Yogurt 0% MF
- 2 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond/cashew or any Milk
- 1. Mix the Peanut Butter, Rice Krispies, Melted Butter and Coconut (I used a hand mixer)
- 2. Form them into balls with your hands. Note: keep running your hands under water so that it doesn't stick to your hands.
- 3. Put balls in Freezer on tray separated
- 4. Mix the tub of Yogurt with Vanilla Extract and Almond Milk to
- decrease the thickness for dipping.
- 5. Using a skewer dip each ball into the Greek Yogurt Mixture until covered and set on wax paper covered tray separated (makes about 24-28)
- 6. Return back to freezer til frozen (remove and store in ziplock or container etc in Freezer)
- 7. Eat from frozen, Enjoy!
Guest blogger: Tonya Yuen, Hot Mama & Franchise Owner
Hot Mama Health & Fitness – Edmonton SE
To connect with Tonya, please email firstname.lastname@example.org